The increased base width enables 35 and even larger tires to be changed with ease and stability. Handy compartments in the base store lug nut socket and theres even a slot for the OE wheel lock key. Base is shaped to fit neatly into the rear floor compartment and out of sight. The large 7.5 x 10.5 base gives the jack better stability in off-road soft soil conditions. Also doubles as a safety wheel chock.
AEV designed the JK Jack Base with the following specifications:
- The entire unit fits neatly into the JK's rear cubby.
- The base holds your lug nut socket and wheel lock key (both are pinched in by the floor panel of the cubby, when it is closed).
- It gives you the added lift height necessary to change a tire on a lifted JK with stock jack.
- A greatly increased footprint is created for off-road use in soft soil conditions.
- It acts as a wheel chock when you need some added reassurance that your rig stays put.